Metal Building Material and Components in Huntsville, TX
Serving Walker and Surrounding Counties.
Iron Brothers was founded in early 2020 (yes during the early stages of COVID) when Silvis Steel and Anchor Metal Buildings merged to form Iron Brothers. As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another. (Proverbs 27:17). We strive to exceed customer expectations by utilizing our vast metal building experience to get you what you need to ensure that the building erects without the hiccups. Our customers keep coming back because they trust us and know that we want what they want!
As metal buildings are made up of frames, panels and trim, we roll-form our panels and slit and fold our trim with state-of-the-art equipment to ensure accuracy, matched colors and very fast production, all in our 40,000 sq. ft. production shop located in Huntsville, Texas.
We design, engineer, detail and handle all of the necessary preparation for any building of any size to be constructed at your location. We ship buildings across the US. We don’t erect buildings; however, we can certainly connect you with those that do.
Although it may sound altruistic, we just want to do this better than anyone else. We’ve seen metal building companies treat their customers and employees like cattle, just because they could. Our team has been blessed with talent and experience in metal buildings and we strongly feel that we have a responsibility to do this to the best of our ability. We love it when a customer walks out the door and shouts back, “Y’all are awesome!” Certainly we will never be perfect but we hope that our character shines through when we aren’t.
Determine the location of the building
1) May require first finding/buying land
2) Where to build on the land
Determine the purpose of the building
Building generally fall into one of these 3 categories. The purpose of the building may determine the specific build process.
Prepare the building drawings/dimensions
1) Building location and/or complexity will determine detail level of required drawings
2) Drawings may be a simple as a napkin sketch for a small outbuilding/warehouse
3) Professionally prepared drawings are highly recommended for a residence.
Determine and hire your contractors
1) If hiring a general contractor, they will generally hire all of the sub-contractors and help with
2) If you will act as the general contractor follow the steps below
Purchase the metal building (from Iron Brothers Metals)
1) Engineered buildings may take up to 12 weeks to prefabricate
2) Weld up buildings may be ready to ship in a matter of days
3) Determine how the building will be transported to the build site
Clear the land and prepare it for the build
1) Also called “the dirt work”.
2) Not a place to “go cheap” as a poorly prepared lot will be a constant headache and high cost
3) Determine septic or sewage connections as well as water, electric, phone and Internet.
Prepare the foundation
1) The structure of the foundation should match the intended use
2) Contractor must know where to place the anchor bolts or plates (drawings)
3) Plumbing and underground electrical set in place - drawings typically required
Pour the foundation
1) Home foundation, garage, porches, etc. typically poured at the same time
2) Leave enough time for the foundation to cure
Erect the building
1) Depending on the complexity, this process may take a few days to a couple of weeks (weather
At this point, the build may be ready for use or the interior needs to be finished out
1) Framing with wood or steel studs
2) Multi-level interiors may require interior load bearing walls
3) Inspections may be required
1) Drawings typically required
2) HVAC designed and installed
3) Inspections may be required
1) Install, tape, float and perhaps primed
2) Wall tile installed
Doors and trim
1) Install interior door, baseboard window and door trim, crown moldings
2) Cabinetry installed
1) Interior paint typically completed prior to floor install but may be later
1) Carpet, laminate, floor tile
Many of our customers want to build a workshop or barndo and don't exactly know where to start. This is not a comprehensive list but can guide you through the most basic steps
· Tough against severe weather
· Lower maintenance cost
· Fire retardant – lower insurance cost
LESS TIME TO BUILD
· 1-2 weeks to erect metal “shell”
· Faster to “under roof” construction stage, allowing interior sub-contractors to work quicker
· Ideal for open concept living
· No interior load bearing walls
· Ideal for less expensive steel stud construction
· Highly flexible interior design options
· Incorporate a shop, she-shed, large garage or recreational space
· As needs change, inexpensively convert that space for multi-generational family living or
your small business
· At Iron Brothers, nearly 100% of our panels and trim are recycled from old cars
INSECT AND ROT FREE
· Resistant to termites, carpenter ants and other wood eating insects
· Will not rot over time
· Does not harbor mold growth
· Easy to add eaves and overhangs for a custom home look
· Framing exterior walls allows for any exterior building material
· Able to add bump out and incorporate high roof pitches
· With wood prices at an all-time high, steel homes are now even MORE affordable
· Steel is a solid long-term investment that will continue to rise in value
We've been selling Barndos before the word was invented. We know that people like the advantages of a barndo but don't necessarily want to live in a barn! Take a look at some of our work and pay close attention to the eaves, overhangs, awnings and other details we add so that your home has curb appeal!
Are you looking for information on a metal building or components? Are you having trouble finding something? Let us know! We will get back to you as soon as possible with an answer.
233 Fm 2821, Huntsville, Texas 77320,
Monday - Friday: 7:30am - 5pm
Saturday & Sunday: Closed